Merritt & Merritt & Moulton client and Vermont based entrepreneur, Aprexis Health Solutions, recently announced that their pilot program in Wisconsin was instrumental in securing a CMS Innovation Grant Award for $4million over 3 years. This project is the result of a collaborative partnership between Aprexis, the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin (and their sub-group WPQC) and the United Way.
It is a truly innovative initiative program aimed at leveraging the value of the pharmacist-patient relationship to increase patient care at the pharmacy level. This innovation has now been recognized and rewarded via this grant from CMS that will allow the program to expand across the state of Wisconsin.
Aprexis is the technology partner that built the clinical platform that enables pharmacists to engage with patients for increased medication therapy management.
Rob Squire, Founder of Aprexis was quoted as saying “We are honored to be selected in this highly competitive competition. We believe it is an important endorsement that CMS shares our vision that better health outcomes and savings can be achieved through medication therapy management and that the Aprexis MTM system is a best-in-class platform to achieve these results.”
This is just one of many recent milestones at Aprexis, including:
• An expanding sales pipeline that includes: RxAlly, Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA, Cigna, and Walgreens
• New management team members, including: Michael Negrete, Chief Pharmacy Officer (Former CEO, CA Pharmacy Foundation)
• New partnerships, including: CA Pharmacists Association
• v2.0 of our platform is scheduled for release to coincide with the expansion of their programs in WI in October, 2012
• The launch of their new round of financing to expand operations