What does intellectual property mean to your company?
Almost everyone is familiar with the concept of “intellectual property” as it concerns inventions, copyrights in books or music or protection of a valuable trademark. But what about the other intangible assets that can actually be your company’s key to future success, such as proprietary manufacturing processes, confidential strategies for next year’s new product launch, financial data and strategies or the name of the supplier whose particular formulations are the foundation of your best-selling product? The ability to recognize and protect intellectual property is important for all businesses, as is the ability to recognize when their actions might infringe on the rights of others.
At Merritt & Merritt & Moulton, we work with company personnel at all levels to address:
- Confidentiality and privacy concerns,
- Advertising and media issues,
- Labeling requirements,
- Trade secret protection,
- Copyright registration and enforcement,
- Trademark screening, development,
- Registration and maintenance
- Enforcement and evaluation of patent strategies by educating the company to identify and protect its assets, as well as devise strategies to exploit those assets through licensing and sale of intellectual property assets, domestic and international joint venture agreements, supplier and distribution agreements.
Since our clients import and export their products worldwide, we have developed a network of international consultants and attorneys to assist with international copyright, trademark, patent and trade secret protection. In addition, we are proud to have successfully enforced clients’ copyright, trademark and patent rights against domestic and foreign infringers, usually without costly litigation.